Really have a wonder why suddenly my eyes are all over greens these days??? Fusion of Italian ingredients with Indian cooking methods.
3 - Garlic pods/Poondu /Lehsoon
2 cups - Basil leaves/ or you can use Tulsi leaves
1/2 cup - Extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup - Parmesan cheese
1 tbs - Pine nuts or you can use walnuts after dry roasting them
1 tbs - Black pepper
1 tbs - Salt
- 1 bunch - Green coriander/Kothamalli/Dhania
- 100 gms - Medium sized Soya nuggets
- 1 cup - Basmati Rice
- 2 tbs - Olive Oil
- 2 tbs - Low fat butter
- 1 tbs - Jeera/Cumin,Seeragam
- 1 - Green chilly
- 1 1/2 cups - Water
- 200ml - Water to soak
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbs - Pesto Sauce
For making Pesto sauce:
1. Peel the skin of garlic.
2. Grate the Parmesan cheese.
3. In a blender add garlic,pine nuts,basil leaves,salt,pepper.
4. Grind them to a paste.
5. Add Olive oil blend them well.
6. Finally the Parmesan
7. Add oil while the blender is on run.
If , you pesto is thick add few table spoons of water.
If, you are too lazy or in a quick get the ready made pesto sauce from the market.
For making rice,..
1. Wash and soak rice for 10 mins in 200 ml water.
2. Wash and chop coriander and green chilly.
3. Blend them to a paste in a blender.
4. In a pan add Olive oil and butter. Heat well and add jeera.
5. Add in the coriander paste and soya nuggets.
6. Now drain excess water from the rice and add them to the coriander soya mixture.
7. Add salt accordingly as you are going to add pesto sauce which too has salt in it.
8. Mix in 4 tbs of pesto sauce. You can add more if you need.
9. Mix them well and saute in pan for 5mins.
10. Transfer the mixture to a rice cooker.
11. Add water mix well and cook until the rice is done.
Serve, hot with any green raita or it can be taken alone no need of any condiments.