Chutney without coconut,gram dals, or greens.. here you go on the new spree of chutney for your taste buds.
- 3 - Medium sized tomatoes
- 100 gm - Peanuts (Boiled or roasted in oil)
- 3-4 - Dry red chilly
- 1 inch - Ginger
- 1 glass - Water
- 2 tbs - Oil
- 1 tbs - Mustard seeds
- 2 arc - Curry leaves
- 1 tbs - Broken urad dal
- 1/4 tbs - Asafatida
- Salt to taste
1. In a pan add 1 tbs of oil and roast peanuts.
2. Once they turn brown add in red chilly,chopped ginger and big chunks of toamtoes.
3. Saute them for 2 mins.
4. Cool them down and blend them in a blender.
5. If, you find too pasty add in some water and grind again.
6. Transfer the chutney into a bowl.
7. Again in the same pan add in oil.
8. Once its hot add in the mustard seeds, broken urad dal,asafatida.
9. Splutter them and add 1 dry red chilly,curry leaves.
10. Now add in the chutney and mix with the spluttered mustard.
11. Keep mixing well and add salt.
Your Tomato Peanut chutney is ready.
Use as spread for breads, condiment for dosas,idlis.
Even goes well with ghee rice.
Tip: You can use boiled peanut if you don't prefer roasted peanuts. But, the shelf life of chutney would reduce if done so..Secret tip is you can use this chutney as gravy base too.