Leaks are a part of onion and garlic family. They can be used as mild onion substitutes in various gravies,soups,salads. The most edible part is the down white bulb part leading to light green part at the top. The dark portion of the leaf is mostly not used as it has a pungent flavour.
- 2 - Medium sized Leaks
- 1 - Medium Potato
- 1 - Big Carrot
- 1 - Medium sized Onion
- 3-4 pods - Garlic
- 1 inch - Ginger
- 50 gms - Green peas
- 1 - Green Chilly
- 1 tbs - Olive oil
- 1 tbs - Unsalted butter
- 1 liter - Water
- Salt to taste
- Mixed Herbs for flavor
- Pepper powder
- Optional fresh cream to add on
1. Cut in circles the leaks from the bottom till the light green part. Throw away the darker portion.
2. Peal the skin of potato and cut them into small pieces.
3. Also cut the carrot,ginger,garlic and green chilly into pieces.
4. In a pan add in olive oil and butter. Add in the leaks and saute for 1 minute.
5. Add in the potato,carrots, garlic,ginger and green chilly.
6. You can avoid ginger and green chilly.
7. Pour in 500 ml of water into it.
8. Boil them until vegetables soft.
9. Once they are done strain the water into a bowl.
10. In a blender add in 3/4th of the vegetables and blend them into a puree.
11. Remember to cool them and grind.
12. Now boil the strained water and the puree along with the vegetables which are left over.
13. Add in green peas,salt,pepper if preferred,mixed herbs.
14. Pour in the remaining water as per your need.
15. Boil it for another 10 mins.
Serve hot with cream and coriander on top.
It's a complete course meal.