Muffins & Cupcakes how do they differ from each other— a controversial debate.
Muffins — less sugary, fast to make, contains hidden fruits bits,crumble outside denser inside, can be savoury too.. a sure tea time snack or early morning breakfast.
Cupcakes— filled with sugar, has a icing on top, takes a bit longer to make, soft both outside in.
Muffins that to eggless its pretty simple. They adapt to any form of flour you use. I used the usual Maida or all.purpose flour. You can use wheat flour, any other grain flour,off course not rice or gram flour ;)
1 1/2 Cups- All purpose flour
1/2 cup - Unsalted butter
1/4 cup. - Olive oil ( any oil which doesn't have pungent smell is fine)
3/4 cup. - Buttermilk
1/2 tbsp. - Baking Powder
1/4 tbsp. - Baking Soda
50 gms. - Blueberries
1/4 tbsp. - Salt
1/2 cup. - Sugar or powdered sugar
Note: Pre- heat Oven @ 180 deg Celsius.
1. Seive flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda into a bowl.
2. In a small cut coat the blueberries with 1tbsp Maida and keep aside. This avoids them sinking inside muffins.
3. In another bowl add in butter kept in room temperature and beat it with sugar.
4. Beat with a laddle blender not necessary.
4. Once mixture turns creamy add in oil and mix for few mins.
5. Add in the dry ingredients and do the cut fold method. Do.not beat them.
6. To make the batter bit semi solid add in buttermilk little by little.
7. Take care batter should not be hard not watery. Has to be in a icing consistency.
8. Add in the berries and mix.
9. Place the muffin cups - they can be pepper or aluminum or silicon. Grease them.
9. Pour in batter into each cup up to 2/3rd linner of the cup.
10. Place them into Oven and bake for 10 mins or until muffins turn light brown.
11. Once they are done check with toothpick if it comes out clean then muffins are ready.
12. Give a standing time of 5mins minimum before serving.
Its yummilicious !!!!