Badam/Almonds - 200gms
Sugar free substitute - 3tbs
Elaichi/Elakai/Cardamom powder - 1/2tps
Badam Essence - 2 drops (Optional)
Ghee - 6tbs
Water - 4 cups
1. Before starting to prepare for the halwa. Boil 2 cups of water and soak the badams for 2hr.
2. After 1hr peel off the skin and dry grind them into semi solid paste.
3. In a heavy bottom pan add the remaining 2 cups of water and add sugar substitute.
4. Bring the syrup to boil till it has the pasty consistency. Beware of not bringing it to string consistency.
5. Now add the Badam paste and stir well.
6. Keep stirring. Add Badam essence and elaichi powder.
7. You can add colour to it. I have added lemon yellow colour for a pleasent look.
8. Keep stirring as the mixture starts thickening keep adding ghee.
9. Be careful as they spill outside while boiling.
10. Keep on stiring and add ghee whenever it gets stuck on to the pan.
11. Grease a plate with ghee.
12. When the Badam mixture comes to a ball consistency. When the whole mixture doesnt stick the pan it means ite done to pour on to the plate.
13. Now pour the same to the plate and spread fast.
14. Decorate with your prefered nuts.
Keep it in a cool dry place to get set.