Carrot - 6
Sugar - 2 cups
Ghee - 3tbs
Milk - 1/2ltr
Raisins, Pista,Kaju - As desired.
1. Clean the carrots well and grate them.
2. In a heavy bottom pan boil the milk.
3. Once they start boiling add the carrots and cook them.
4. Keep stirring occasionaly.
5. Make sure the milk evaporates fully and gels well with the carrot.
6. Now add the sugar and stir well.
7. Once the sugar melts on to carrot keep stirring.
8. Add elaichi powder.
9. Make sure it doesnt catch to the pan so add ghee at proper intervals.
10. Keep stirring once you find the sugar mixed well with carrot and the halwa starts seperating the ghee from itself.
11. Its the correct time to pour it on to the container.
12. Decorate with nuts and serve hot or cold.