Beetroot one of the least sort of vegetable during cooking. I was bored making cutlets, salads, raitas, sweets from beetroot. Happen to get to know this fried recipe of Beet from a cookery show. As usual i made few add ons and name changes. Guess what the recipe was really a bang on hit. Try it!!
- 3 - Beetroot medium sized
- 2 - Green chilly (Depends on the hot meter of chilly can be added or reduced)
- 150gms - Roasted Gram dal/Pottu kadalai
- 4 tbs - Cornflour powder
- 50 gms - Grated coconut
- 10 - Green coriander Strands
- 3cups - Oil to deep fry
- Salt to taste
1. Wash well the beetroots. Peel of the outer skin. Grate them finely.
2. In a mixer jar add the roasted gram dal, green chilly,grated coconut,green coriander. Grind them well. Do not make paste.
3. Do not add water.
4. In a bowl add the grated beetroot, roasted gram dal mixture to it.
5. Add cornflour , salt and start mixing the mixture well to make sufficient balls.
6. Do not add water at any point. Water inside beetroot is enough to make a tight dough.
7. Start heating oil to fry the Vadis.
8. Once the oil is boiling hot add the balls made from the beet dough.
10. Now raise the heat.
11. Fry them so that they turn golden brown.
12. Once they are done drain excess oil and transfer them on to a tissue.
Tip: Make medium sized balls. Do not make big or very fine balls it would spoil the taste limit factor.