Red pumpkin - 1/2 the ball
Jaggery - 250 gms
Milk - 1 glass
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Ghee / Clarified butter - 100 gms
Heavy Bottom non stick pan
Method / Vidhie :
1. Remove the skin of the pumpkin and grate the inner part into very thin strings.
2. In a heavy bottom pan add 2 tsp ghee and melt well.
3. To it add the pumpkin after squeezing excess water.
4. One the water totally vanishes add jaggery to it and melt well.
5. Once the jaggery mixes well with pumpkin add milk and mix well.
6. Keep stirring well till it turns brown but not solified.
7. You can see the milk bursting and forming milk lumps.
8. Now add still more ghee and keep mixing.
9. Add Cardamom powder. Once the mixture starts leaving the pan it means its done.
10. Fry cashews and dry grapes / kismis in ghee and pout the same to mixture.
10.Pour into a bowl to it to cool.
Your yummy grand ma's red pumpkin theratipal is ready to eat.